Jeffco Public Schools believes in educating the whole child for students to be career, college, and life ready. Jeffco Healthy Schools supports school and district departments in implementing District Wellness Policy, and wellness initiatives including wellness committees, comprehensive physical activity plans, healthy eating, health education, positive school culture and climate, school gardens and more.
- 44% of Jeffco Schools have Healthy Schools Teams
- 65% of Schools have health and wellness goals
- 80% have wellness coordinators for students, staff or both
Be a Healthy School
A Healthy School:
- Has a wellness team/committee,
- Develops and implements wellness goals,
- Works to have a culture of health, and
- Thinks in terms of the whole school, whole child and whole community.
Explore Jeffco Healthy Schools, find resources, and learn more.
The following Jeffco Policies relate to health and wellness in schools: